Disney Tips: Magic Kingdom
Hello! So, I go to Disney World at least once a week, usually its even more than, and I've come to know a lot of convenient little tips of Disney World. I thought I would share them with all of you to help make your next trip to Disney a little easier. Today is all about the Magic Kingdom, but don't worry I'll cover the other parks later.
- If you can arrive at the park 15-30 minutes before it opens, you'll get to experience the special opening ceremony with all of the main characters.
- There is a Starbucks on main street, it is kind of hidden, but it is on the right and just about in the middle. It is nice little perk up for those getting ready for the rest of the day.
- If you plan on going on the Peter Pan ride then you should definitely your way there first as soon as the park opens, otherwise, you'll be waiting 60+ minutes the rest of the day.
- The Magic Kingdom is definitely an all-day kind of park, but I still highly recommend taking a little break in the afternoon, especially if you have kids and are staying the Disney Hotels. It makes everyone loads happier, and easier to stay awake for the fireworks and such.
- Book your fast passes ahead of time for the ride you really want to go on for sure. I usually just do it that morning or a day ahead, but you can actually book them three months in advance if you know what you want.
- The shows at Cinderella's Castle really are fun, try to catch one during your day at The Magic Kingdom, they have them multiple times in one day, so don't stress it if you miss the first.
- No matter how much I miss the Wishes Firework show, the new Happily Ever After firework show is truly amazing, and something you don't want to miss.
- If you're staying in the Disney Resorts/hotels, then you can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. The Magic Kingdom almost always has them for either opening 2 hours early or closing 2-3 hours later.
- Eat Lunch at 11am and dinner at 4pm to miss the meal crowds.
- When leaving the Magic Kingdom at night and main street is packed full, walk through the stores because they are all connected, it starts at Casey's, and makes a nice little shortcut through main street.