You might be super confused by the title but don't worry by the end of this post, you will definitely want to be living a Hygge life.
A few weeks ago I came across this term on Pinterest, and I had no idea what it was, so I searched for it on Pinterest and a tone of posts popped, and I soon realized that it was very popular trending thing. Now, you are probably still wondering what it means exactly so here is an official definition of Hygge:
The art of building sanctuary and community. Inviting closeness and paying attention to what makes us feel open-hearted and alive. To create well-being connections and warmth. A feeling of belonging to the moment and to each other. Celebrating the everyday.
In my opinion, that is absolutely adorable! It is basically living the most peaceful and coziest life possible. I did a bunch of research and discovered that originates from the Danish. I for one definitely want to incorporate this lifestyle into my everyday life way more. We all need more peace and relaxation in our lives.
So here's how you can make your life a little more Hygge:
- Create a cozy atmosphere
- Be present with yourself and the ones you are with (Spend less time on your phone when with friends)
- Spend less time on your phone in general
- Be grateful
- More tea
- More love
- Read the Bible while you're super comfy in bed
- Pray more
- Be super open-minded and easy going
- Always speak kind words
- No drama, leave it behind wherever you go
Most of us picture cuddling under the blankets, staying warm, and drinking hot drinks as winter things, so here are some ways to have a Hygge summer:
- Watch the sunrise/sunset on the beach
- Eat your favorite ice cream (No matter how much it costs, it'll make you happy)
- Host a summer party for your friends
- Read a book you've been wanting to read
- Make a summer playlist
- Go to an outdoor movie
- Eat fruit, all the fruit
- Try to do at least one new thing every week
- Go with the flow this summer, and leave your worries behind
I hope you guys enjoyed learning about the Hygge lifestyle! What's your favorite part about it?
Worry can rob you of happiness, but kind words will cheer you up